Wednesday, June 18, 2014

I'm Alive!!

Hello my dearest Otome friends!!! 

I have been MIA for far too long, I know, and I keep promising reviews and walkthroughs and then don't follow through like a total jackass. I apologize!

I've been really busy with work and traveling a bit. I went to Florida for a work conference, which even though it took place at Disney World it was a pretty lame trip. It monsooned seriously the whole time I was there so I maybe rode 4 rides, and I'm not used to that kind of humidity so I constantly felt like I was drowning. Also my hair looked like a bird's nest and there was nothing I could do about it.

I also went to San Francisco for fun, where I had the best/cutest crepes ever in Japantown.


SO CUTE.

If you're going to San Francisco, be sure to wear some flowers in your hair (it's a song by Scott McKenzie children, look it up!) and also go to Belly Good Cafe and Crepes in Japantown.

And then the best part was attending Anime Oasis in the magical land of Boise, Idaho!! I fangirled like a fool and met some of my most favorite english dub anime voice actors ever.

Jamie Marchi - Voice of Panty from Panty and Stocking, the narrator in Hetalia, and Masane from Witchblade!!!

AND

Monica Rial - Mei Rin from Black Butler, Renge from Ouran High School Host Club, and Stocking from Panty and Stocking!!!

Jamie and Monica are seriously adorable.

Autographery.

And then, you guys, I met Vic Mignogna and he hugged me 4 different time which I think means we are basically married now. He's Edward Elric from FMA AND Tamaki from Ouran you guys!!!!! 

TAMAKI!!!!!!!!




AND I played wiffle ball with him and we sang Journey together, which is not something a lot of people can say...except everyone else that was at Anime Oasis.

Vic singing Journey to me specifically....I'm pretty sure of it.

Can we talk about how Vic owns the coolest pants on the planet?

Vic in the center wearing red shoes and black flare pants with leather paneling!! He's a rockstar.

I maybe got in Vic's autograph line a couple of times......

That was my first foray into anime conventions, and IT WAS AWESOME. I think it's going to be a thing in my life now.

Also writing reviews and walkthroughs will be a thing again, I swear on Vic Mignogna's leather paneled pants! I won't let you guys down!




2 comments:

  1. Fangirling myself right now just from reading this. Love your blog but if you have to be gone for awhile doing awesome things like this then Fuck yeah! Ah Vic, those pants. I'd like a pair.....preferably with him still in them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw you lucky girl! I'm glad you're back though, welcome back! You need to have your fun too of course, but just to let you know we missed you :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment!! I read them all, and I appreciate anyone that takes the time to say hi or share their thoughts!