Monday, January 20, 2014

Shall We Date?: Ninja Love, Kotaro Fuma Review


Kotaro is the strong, silent type which can sometimes be frustrating, but I'm just going to go ahead and say right now that KOTARO IS MY FAVORITE NINJA. He is so proper, nice, and caring that I found myself squealing out loud too many times while smiling like an idiot throughout his route.

 

***SPOILERS AHEAD***



 He's also awkward around girls, which ups his adorable factor by a billion points. He's never quite sure what to say or how to say it, so he gets embarrassed and tongue tied, which is so stinking cute, which also meant that I spent the majority of his route as a melted puddle of goo on the floor.



BLUSHING NAKED KOTARO!!!!!

 Unlike Goemon and Saizo, Kotaro is nice to you from the start, and genuinely cares about your wellbeing. He takes his job of protecting you very seriously, but he also tries so hard to be gentle and caring with you, like when he wipes your tears away with his kimono and then apologizes because his kimono may be dirty.

SOOOOOO CUTE!!!!!!!

Can we take a moment to appreciate Kotaro's shirtlessness? I think because he's so proper and serious, seeing him shirtless like that makes him a gajillion times hotter. Like when a guy always wears a suit, but then you see him in casual clothes and his hotness increases tenfold.

So he is super sweet, but then he turns around and straight up breaks a guys neck and slices another dude's hand off before killing him! He's a badass mother**cker, and this juxtaposition with his sweet, caring side is incredibly sexy.

No worries, I still love you.

My emotions were all over the place with his route. Because he says things like this to you...


NO!!!!!!

And then you find out his once upon a time girlfriend, who has the same name as the fake name you picked out coincidentally, died and Kotaro blames himself. So he doesn't think he deserves happiness and doesn't want to get close to anyone again. But he eventually realizes how much he loves you...



And then says what is perhaps the sweetest thing ever!!!

KOTARO I CAN'T EVEN WITH YOU

Followed by...




Oh yeah, and then he falls off a cliff and dies!

Except not really, but I thought my heart was going to stop at that point and I had to take a break so my emotions could chill the eff out.

Also, Oriku is apparently a zombie in this route because she gets shot three different times and falls off a cliff, but just keeps coming back before finally dying from a stab wound. I think. Who knows, she may still be out there biding her time and will show up in Kotaro's sequel.

Anyway. Then there is the ending, where Kotaro is so sweet but so obviously ready to hit it because he does all this before you guys have even had breakfast....



  
AND THEN HE CRIES YOU GUYS!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

KOTARO, I CAN'T EVEN. I HAVE LOST MY ABILITY TO EVEN.

Wendy's Otome Rating Scale

9 fangirl screams out of 10.

Preferred snacks for Kotaro's route;

Vanilla ice cream, followed by;

Wasabi peas. Because just like Kotaro's route will mess with your emotions, let's mess with your taste buds. And these two things are very Kotaro.....calm, cool, and classy but then also hot as hell.

Cyclone cocktail to take the edge off. Obviously. Though if you're underage, try a Jones Berry Lemonade Soda.

7 comments:

  1. "I thought my heart was going to stop at that point and I had to take a break so my emotions could chill the eff out."

    I heard that there is also a bad ending where he actually dies...

    Kotaro is in my Top 3 of Ninja Love (Though I can't say in which position x)

    bs, I think I'm gonna replay he's stroy, your reviews make me want to...!!
    P.S: I'm creating an Anti-Oriku club, want to join ? I can't stand her and starts hitting my screen instead of tapping è.é

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes please, can I be vice president of that club?!?! She is the worst. Also I kind of want to play the games again to get the bad endings on the ones I didn't already see, including Kotaro's, but I love him so much I'm not sure my heart could handle it!

      Delete
    2. there is totally the ending where he actually dies. i got that ending. i was so upset.

      Delete
  2. Very witty and funny review!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm currently playing Kotaro's route and can't wait for the ending and the super sexy love scene. I admit I cheated and watched all the event and side stories for most of the characters and I have to agree that while Saizo's steamy, smoldering eyes makes my heart stop every time (even when he's scowling, which he does an awful lot), Kotaro makes me cry until I'm just a puddle of tears because he is SO DAMN CARING! I mean, he is the sublime soulmate material (I'm thinking of the Starting Over spinoff), and one look into his deep eyes and sorry Saizo but I'm running away with your friend forever. Soooo.... any chance you could do reviews on each character's spin offs and event stories? I love reading your reviews and would be thrilled to see what your take is on them. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Argh, I also forgot to ask if you do end up going through the routes to see what the bad ending is like could you write about those also? I'm too chicken to try it myself (I don't think I can handle the heartbreak, I'd be too depressed to play again I think), but I'm curious as hell about them. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment!! I read them all, and I appreciate anyone that takes the time to say hi or share their thoughts!