Sunday, January 19, 2014

Shall We Date?: Ninja Love, Saizo Kirigakure Review

****SPOILERS AHEAD****


Saizo starts out as a bit of a bully, treating you like a child and a burden once Hanzo isn't around to keep him in check, but even while he's being mean and calling you an idiot, monkey, and dumbass, he still takes care of you and is actually super sweet. Except again with the headbutting!! Why are theses ninjas so keen to headbutt others??

Any way, Saizo was interesting in that he would go from being completely cold to completely adorable in a split second and my heart almost couldn't handle it.


From the very beginning he also decides that you make a great body pillow, which was fine by me.

Yes, like I would be able to wake up calmly if he was holding me like that.

He's such a badass, which in itself is a pretty attractive attribute, and even though at first I wasn't sure I liked the looks of his character, his hotness definitely grew on me. I mean, his nakedness is enough to make you fangirl nosebleed and pass out at one point!!

I don't know that I would secretly peek so much as obviously ogle.

Saizo is definitely a bit tsundere, but he has a good reason for that. His backstory is pretty sad and he doesn't believe he deserves happiness, so he pushes you away and seems to have accepted the fact that he will just marry whoever someone else chooses for him.
No Saizo, that shit is not going down on my watch.
I really liked the MC in this route, you are way more active in the actual fighting than you were in Goemon's route. I mean, you totally kill somebody with a freaking dagger at one point!
I became very attached to Saizo pretty quickly, so you can imagine my lack of enthusiasm when this bitch showed up.
So MILF is a term that's been around for centuries apparently?

I got so jealous and completely heartbroken when Saizo eluded to how he would sleep with Oriku if he needed to that I had to literally put the game down and walk away for a minute to regain my composure.

It's just a game, it's just a game, it's just a game........

So, very much like how I would react in the same situation, you follow Saizo and Oriku when they go out together. This just ends up in you both getting captured by the enemy, Saizo getting tortured and poisoned, and him FINALLY declaring his love for you.

I will never tire of seeing those words.

After you both are saved, two of my most favorite things ever happened.

YES.

And at the end, after overhearing you and Kuma talking about how the reason there have not been sexy good times between you and Saizo yet is because Saizo may have a problem, he approaches you and then walks away saying...

*FANS SELF VIGOROUSLY*

Even though he was standoffish in the beginning, I seriously couldn't stop smiling through his entire route. I love the cold ones that turn out to actually be the sweetest. Like when he knows your clumsy ass is going to get hurt during training, so he skips lunch to get you medicinal herbs. Awww....

Or at the end, where he is SO DANG GENTLE THAT I COULDN'T STOP BLUSHING AND FELT LIKE I WAS GOING TO SWOON UNTIL I DIED. Unlike Goemon's ending, which was pretty dang hot and dirty, Saizo's ending is so incredibly sweet...while still being pretty hot of course.




It only hurts my heart because you're not real and in my bed right now.

And of course, no review is complete without a blushing picture.
You bet your ass I did.

Wendy's Otome Rating Scale

7 fangirl screams out of 10.

Preferred snacks for Saizo's route;

Dango. My favorite type is hanami dango, because it's cute and tasty, just like Saizo (◕‿-)

Licorice whips, to be consumed anytime WHIPSHAW appears on your screen. You may not be able to save Saizo from being whipped by Oriku, but it's sort of like you're devouring the weapon causing your beloved pain. Plus, licorice is damn delicious.

Black coffee. No frou frou drinks here, you need the buzz to keep you in fighting mode and the bitter taste to match the bitterness you feel towards Oriku's stupid face.

14 comments:

  1. OMG like for reals OMG I literally agree with everything you said in your review

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got so jealous and completely heartbroken when Saizo eluded to how he would sleep with Oriku if he needed to that I had to literally put the game down and walk away for a minute to regain my composure.

    Just my reaction when Oriku appeared !! Ninja Love was my first Solmare Game and Saizo the first guy I pursued. I really felt like shit when Saizo spent the night with Oriku (Did it actually happen or did they stop half way ?)
    Saizo, the Tsundere/Yondere/sadistic/Megane-san characters are the ones I always attack first. I just can't resist and save them for last...
    You can recognize them either because they are wearing purple or glasses... or because of the whip...!

    Who's your favourite character in Ninja Love ? And your all otome bias ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so hard to pick, but Kotaro is probably my favorite guy in Ninja Love. In all Otome.....gosh I don't know! I really like Baba from Baddest Bidder, and oddly enough I like Ivan from My Sweet Prince which I may be like the only person in the world who likes him that much. I also really love Takuto from Love Letters from Thief X. It's hard to say who my absolute favorite is! I'm hoping once I get more games completed I'll be able to kind of get a top ten list or something figured out.

      Delete
  3. "It only hurts my heart because you're not real and in my bed right now."
    Isn't it what you think each time we reach the ending in an otome game ? xD

    I really need some recommendations from you. I really don't know what to check next...
    For now, I went through:
    Solmare: Mononoke Kiss, Lost Island, Never Look Back, Ninja Love,
    Gree: Celebrity Darling, My Sweet Bodyguard, Office Lover, Destiny Ninja,
    And Voltage: In your arms Tonight. (Adultery game --")
    I just began in the path of Otome Game on Phone so I don't really know what to check. (I'm more into computer otomes...)

    Thank you !! And I hope you'll keep updating your blog with your funny reviews !!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just finished Mononoke Kiss and I loved it! Ninja Love is my all time favorite game still, and Kotaro is probably my favorite guy so far. Though I did just start playing Baddest Bidder by Voltage and I am very quickly falling for Baba!! I like I really like Love Letter from Thief X by Voltage. The tsundere in that one, Takuto, is one of my favorites!

      Delete
  4. Awesome review!!! <3 <3 <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, so much perfection. I'm currently at the part where Saizo and whatshisface were in the bath and I'm spying through the window and Saizo says he can't give me happiness. So I am DEFINITELY not looking forward to this girl coming in and taking MY Saizo. HE IS MINE! How you say you wish he was real and in your bed, omg me too. Saizo is MY MAN. But at least you say he loves you at the end, so I can look forward to that. I actually had a dream with him, though the whole dream was cartoon like the game. I love that sort of personality, even in guys for real. They keep you on your toes wanting more, not getting all sappy on you.
    I've only been playing since like last weekend, but already I am hooked.
    I'm currently playing
    Ninja Love - Saizo
    My Sweet Prince - Nagit
    Ninja Assassin - Soji
    Destiny Ninja - Somah
    Office Lover - Kagaya
    Arabian Nights - Mubarak
    I apparently have a thing for black hair. I haven't done any of the other routes except for the ones I'm on now as I've only had them for a weekish.
    Are there any you recommend? They need to be 100% free, which means the Voltage ones (I wanted to continue 10 Days With My Devil SOOO bad Shiki was so perfect!) and Koyonplete (Forbidden Love Triangle was wonderful...til it wasn't free) are off limits.
    Some of the ones in Google Play the guys in the thumb look so cute but the entire app is in Japanese or Chinese or something and I can't understand.
    I could play Andriod games, or Windows games I suppose I could try if there's any good ones?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am having the hardest time finding free games! Did they just do away with them? So far everything I've played on my iPhone or iPad I've had to pay something for, which is not cool. There are some free windows games that I know of, but they are nowhere near as entertaining as the games by Solmare or Voltage. I downloaded one called Halloween Otome, and I honestly can't remember where I got it but I'll try and find the link and post it. So far it seems okay, but the quality is not the greatest.

      You need to let me know what you think of Ninja Assassin! It's on my list to play and I'm hoping it's good.

      Delete
  6. Also, forgot to mention in my last comment. Are the spin-offs free?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Saizo is the first hottie I completely finished the route with, and I chose him after dithering around between him and Kotaro because he had those steamy bedroom eyes. OMG, that man can melt steel with those smoldering baby blues. Or rather purple. Even when he scowls (and he seems to spend the majority of his time scowling) he looks like he'll throw you into his bed any moment and do crazy unmentionable things to you until you die of a heart attack. Goemon may be the playboy of the group but to me Saizo seems to have overblown sex drive. At least that's the way it seems from his side stories and events. At the very least he definitely has a dark and dirty side which is totally fine by me. He can tie me up any day and have his wicked way with me. Dang, I wish there was a way I can turn into an anime character and really be the MC in this series. Although if that really happened I have the sneaky feeling I'll end up doing all the characters. Decisions decisions...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Has anybody played Oda?

    ReplyDelete
  9. yes spinoff are free

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment!! I read them all, and I appreciate anyone that takes the time to say hi or share their thoughts!