Thursday, January 23, 2014

Shall We Date?: Ninja Love, Musashi Miyamoto Review

 
I was super excited to play Musashi's route because I wanted to see how the relationship would develop and how lovey dovey he would be, or if he would leave you for his sword since that's all he talks about in the other routes.
 
He's a ronin, not a ninja, and he seems a bit naïve when it comes to dealing with women, unlike most of the ninjas who seem to be VIP members at all the brothels in every town. The best word to describe Musashi is ADORABLE. He is clumsy and awkward, but he tries so hard to be charming and gentle, and this makes him super cute.
 


 
You start out the route traveling with Hanzo before being surrounded by Nobunaga's men. They end up pushing Hanzo off a cliff, and Musashi saves you simply because he can't handle hearing a woman scream. He then decides to help you find Hanzo because he really has nothing better to do than fight with his sword, so why not?
 
Oh, and pretty soon after you meet he tries to find a spider that's climbed down inside your clothing by shoving his hands inside your kimono, which as someone who is terrified of spiders, I really appreciate.
 

I would willingly place a spider in my shirt though if Musashi was going to fondle me clumsily in order to retrieve it. 
 
Can we talk about Musashi's hair?? His ponytail is GLORIOUS, and the hair envy I have for it is deeper than the sea. It's got little braids in it and everything!! And my gosh, the volume!!!!
 
On my way, you don't have to tell me twice.
 
I am pretty sure he gets about 99% of his strength and power from that ponytail.
 
So you guys meet up with Hanzo and he pays Musashi to be your bodyguard. You also meet with Munenori and he basically sticks around for the rest of the route, which is fun because I love his rude ass and his silky hair. The hair in this route is ridiculous, it's like one crazy awesome shampoo commercial.
 
I feel like if Munenori was real, he would be David Bowie.
 
AND HUGE SPOILER ALERT!!! Munenori totally kisses you while Musashi's drunk ass is passed out. Scandalous!!
 
 You get to see Mushashi be freaking adorable while playing around with the village children which is so cute because everyone refers to him as a beast, but he's actually a gentle giant. Like a big, beautiful teddy bear with the best ponytail the world has ever seen. And I just love the thought of a big, tough dude being good with children, but that may just be my ovaries speaking.
 
GIVE ME YOUR PONYTAIL SECRETS!
 
He also tries to convince you that he's not stealing fruit, he's simply grabbing it because it's there and he's hungry, and I'm pretty sure that logic would stand up in court.

This kind of theft would only be a misdemeanor any way, so it's all good.

Shirtless Musashi and his ponytail made of awesome.
 
And since we can't go two freaking seconds without Oriku showing up to f*ck up everything, she of course is there pretending to be a villager while trying to seduce Musashi's ponytail.

Bitch.
 
 
I sure did love the MC in this route! She's very aggressive and stands up for herself, which is fantastic. She's argumentative and doesn't put up with shit from anyone. It's fun to be the damsel in distress sometimes, but a girl also needs to be able to take charge and go after what she wants.
 
Damn straight.

Get 'im girl.

Truer words have never been spoken.
 
I also liked that once you guys realize your feelings for each other, Musashi can't keep his hands off you and that whole beast thing really comes out,but he still remains fairly gentlemanly. Not an easy feat.
 
SHUT UP MUNENORI! Musashi does what he wants.

And I loved it.
 
Then of course he has the sweet side where he says the loveliest things.
 



If I had a dime for every time I heard this line, I would have about 30 cents and 20 of it would have come from my Grandma.
 
My only real issue with Musashi was his ending was not as steamy as the others. I was really looking forward to something crazy passionate with what a wild man he is, but it was fairly tame. So tame in fact that I have already forgotten what exactly happened at the end...I think it just kind of glosses over the sexy times, much more so than the others. Like I was all ready for something awesome to happen, and it just jumps straight to the after nookie cuddle. Though the ending CG is pretty great., so it's not all bad.
 
Honestly, all his CGs were great. Probably my favorite so far.
 
 Wendy's Otome Rating Scale
 
6.5 fangirl screams out of 10.
 
Preferred snacks for Musashi's route;
 
A big bowl of fruit in a spot right next to you. Makes it easier to grab.
 
As many vitamins as you can safely ingest to hopefully make your hair at least half as awesome as Musashi's.
 
Red bull. After spending a bit of time as the designated driver, I know how hard it is to deal with drunk shenanigans....like Musashi passing out drunk and Munenori kissing you while everyone else is partying in the other room (this may or may not be very close to a few situations I have been in. Oh, college). Red bull is the only thing that got me through my early twenties without leaving my friends in pools of their own vomit on the floor of some dive bar. TMI?

9 comments:

  1. I love all your reviews! Never fails to make me laugh (i was lmfao on oriku and the bitch comment). And i agree with the hair thing. Why do fictional characters get stuck with awesome hair when the majority of the people in the real world don't? Also, i was wondering if you could do a review on "Dreamy Days In West Tokyo"?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! And I'll definitely do Dreamy Days, I haven't played that one yet and I'm ready to do some Voltage game reviews.

      Delete
    2. Yup! I second that ! I just discovered your blog but I'm already stuck here !! I've spent the afternoon laughing like a mad girl in front of my computer.

      Delete
  2. And I love characters like Musashi~ Though as you said his ending was a bit too soft for such a guy...

    Can you recommend me games with characters like that ? The huge-rough-over-powered guy with a cute side ? The only other ones I can think of are Lionel from Lost Island and Yori from Never look back (Though Yori is a mix of Goemen and Musashi --")

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVED the way you kept going on about Musashi's ponytail, and I totally agree with everything you said about it. And Musashi shirtless is something every female should see once then die immediately because really there's nothing left to live for after that. Incidentally am I the only person who has the urge to peek under the towel of every guy in this series? I mean, every time I see Saizo or Kotaro or Musashi standing around with nothing but that towel wrapped around their waists I just have this wild desire to yank it off of them. And ogle. Then have wild monkey sex. Arghh, I think I need to stand under a cold shower right now after thinking those indecent thoughts. Anyway another great review!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Will you do munenori and the enemy guy?

    ReplyDelete
  5. If you want some sexy time with musashi you need to play the spin off omg SEEXY TIME

    ReplyDelete
  6. Omg I LOVE your reviews I have been like reading all of them and I can't stop laughing! And this whole review was totally correct, but the truest (is that a word???) part was the Oriku bitch part and the hair. omg HIS HAIR!

    Ok I'm done now just had to say that

    ReplyDelete
  7. you should read his spin off 'a moment in his shoes', i think his story it's the most explicites than others characters :p

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment!! I read them all, and I appreciate anyone that takes the time to say hi or share their thoughts!