Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Shall We Date?: Ninja Love, Sasuke Sarutobi Review

 
Brash, confident, mischievious, and he basically loves you from the get go and is not afraid to let you know. Unlike the other ninjas, there is no second guessing his feelings, you know he likes you, and so does everyone else within earshot.
 
I honestly thought that I would dislike Sasuke's route because let's face it, in all the other characters stories he is damn annoying, always popping up declaring his love for you even though you have seriously hung out for maybe 2 seconds in the prologue. I know I'm lovable and all, but let's take it down a notch, okay?
 
 
**SPOILERS AHEAD**


 
But luckily in his own route, Sasuke comes off as super lovable, adorable, and sometimes even extremely mature. Even though he still declares his love for you from almost the very second you meet, and he sometimes says very childish things, he is by no means annoying.
 
Nothing like being called dude to remind you of growing up in the 90s, when that is what everyone called everyone else ALL THE TIME.
 
I also love how damn confident he is. I don't mind a little bit of ego, as long as it doesn't get out of hand.
 
No, no I can't.

THREE NAKED SASUKES ARE BETTER THAN ONE.
 
 
They make this big deal about him being younger than the MC, (and I typically don't care for that because I'm older to begin with so being reminded of my rapidly shivering ovaries and the fact that kids who were in elementary school when I was in high school can now legally drink makes me super upset enough as it is, but then throw on top of that being treated like a cougar and I just can't handle my life anymore), but he definitely had moments where he was way more mature than any real man I've ever met in my many failed dating attempts.
 
The last half of that sentence has never actually been uttered by an actual man.*
 
*Just kidding, I'm sure it has,
I've just never heard it.

WHY AREN'T YOU REAL?
 
In this route you get to throw a shuriken and kill the Oriku bitch pretty quickly, so she is out of your way for the rest of the route. HALLELUJAH. You also get a little sex ed. talk from none other than Kuma!
 
This is a very, very accurate portrayal of my reaction when I first learned about the ins and outs (pun INTENDED!) of sex.
 
And you get to know Musashi a lot better after he saves you from Nobunaga. Which, I think it would have been really cool if you got to actually kill Nobunaga yourself with the hair pin, but whatever. Musashi, and all the guys really, are super cute in this route. Basically everyone is in love with you, because why wouldn't they be, and they are all so cute about it.
 
Trying to cheer you up in the cutest way possible.
 
And Goemon....oh my gosh Goemon!! This is not his route, but sometimes it felt that way. He was so cool and charming that I for a split second found myself willing the MC to just run off with him. I mean he sacrifices himself to save everyone, and when he finally heals from being SHOT he says that you are the reason he survived because he had to see you smile again.
 
Oh my gosh Goemon, you stop it right now!
 
Goemon almost succeeded...sorry Sasuke!
 
Okay, back to Sasuke.
 
 Sasuke's route has some of my favorite lines ever.
 
Surprise! More Goemon! But it is Goemon returning to his old usual ways; pervy and full of himself.

YES.

I literally can't wait for an opportunity to use this line at the bar.
 
Sasuke's reaction after he walks in on you naked, and you inform him that you're pretty sure you locked the door....

Sounds good to me...
 
What I liked most about Sasuke's route was that it felt very genuine and real, like you were actually falling in love with someone during a time of war. There is a quite a bit of the route that you aren't even around Sasuke because there is a war going on people and there isn't time for shenanigans. Sasuke himself just feels like a very genuine, honest character and I appreciated that.
 
Also, unlike the other routes I've played, Sasuke makes you an honest woman before he sleeps with you, which is very old fashioned and not my cup of tea, but it was also a nice change of pace. 

Blushing Sasuke is literally everything to me right now.
 
SQQUUEEEEAAAA!!!!! 

 
 What a freaking cutie. Also, we can't end without mentioning how hot the scars on his face are. Love it!
 
Wendy's Otome Rating Scale

6.5 fangirl screams out of 10.

Preferred snacks for Sasuke's route;
 
Hello Panda, Strawberry Crème biscuits. Like Sasuke, a little hard yet still cute on the outside, all gooey and sweet on the inside.
 
Starbursts. I feel like Sasuke would love them, plus he would be a fan of the "try and unwrap a Starburst in your mouth" game.
 
Monkey bread. If you don't know what that is, find out and eat it because it is delicious. Eat some every time Sasuke carries you up or through trees, and you'll gain 20 pounds by the time his route is over.
 
Mountain Dew. You'll need the energy to help you keep up with all the MC love that's being thrown your way by pretty much everyone.

2 comments:

  1. Soooo....exactly how old is Sauke supposed to be then? Isn't the MC also very young? So that would make Sasuke 16? 17? OMG is he underage?!? Now I feel like a perv....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok so I was just wondering what the MC is like in this route

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment!! I read them all, and I appreciate anyone that takes the time to say hi or share their thoughts!